Forest Stewardship Council ®
Controlled Wood Chain of Custody Certification
Daishowa-Marubeni International Ltd. (DMI) has a certified Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Chain of Custody, and all of DMI’s pulp operations are registered with FSC’s Standard for Chain of Custody Certification. DMI strives to supply end users with a FSC Controlled Wood products based on an Environmentally Managed Land Base and a Sustainable Forest Management Plan. The primary objective of FSC Controlled Wood and Chain of Custody programs is to avoid mixing wood from “uncontrolled” sources during the production of FSC mixed products.
FSC Controlled Wood Chain of Custody certified companies must demonstrate that wood has been controlled to avoid sources from the following five categories:
- Illegally harvested wood;
- Wood harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights;
- Wood harvested from forests in which high conservation values are threatened by management activities;
- Wood harvested from areas being converted from forests and other wooded ecosystems to plantations and non-forest uses; and
- Wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
For more information regarding FSC Chain of Custody including Controlled Wood, visit Forest Stewardship Council’s website.