Request a Tour of the Peace River Pulp Division
At the Peace River Pulp Division, we are very proud of our Mill Facility and love the opportunity to speak with groups and individuals about how our mill makes a difference in our community and of our forestry practices.
Community organizations, high school and college students, contractors and business associates, and individuals are welcome to take a walking tour of our mill. Our tours begin with an overview of who we are, from our start up to our current state-of-the-art facility. With our experienced guide, you will get a better understanding of how we source our fibre, our forestry practices, how we use the chips, and how we make and produce our end product – pulp. Our guests are then guided through our plant to watch as chips enter our facility and progress through the kraft pulping process, and ultimately baled and shipped by rail cars to our global destinations.
Before scheduling your tour, please read this important information:
- Tours will take place during the DMI work week only (Monday – Thursday).
- Tours hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and tours last approximately 90 minutes.
- If a tour group is larger than six (6) people, multiple tour guides may need to be utilized.
- Tours are available to individuals ages 18 years of age or older, however, we will provide tours to those youth over the age of 12 if acompanied by an adult.
- Tours are conducted year round, weather permitting.
- Tour participants will have to climb several series of stairs.
- As a safety precaution, all tour participants must wear closed toe shoes, shirts with long sleeves, long pants, and we will provide safety glasses, ear plugs, and hardhat.
- PRPD reserves the right to cancel tours due to production issues, weather (if outside tour has been arranged), or as a safety precaution.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please fill out the following Request Form: