FSC Controlled Wood Chain of Custody
Daishowa-Marubeni International Ltd., strives to supply end users with a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Controlled Wood certified product based on an Environmentally Managed Land Base and a Sustainable Forest Management Plan. The primary objective of FSC Controlled Wood and Chain of Custody programs is to avoid mixing wood from “uncontrolled” sources during the production of FSC Mixed Products. DMI PRPD operates a management system in accordance with the requirements of FSC Chain of Custody (FSC-STD-40-004 version 2) and Controlled Wood (FSC-STD-40-005 version 2-1) standards, which ensure correct implementation, and maintenance of the FSC Controlled Wood chain of custody process. DMI and Cariboo Pulp has completed a Controlled Wood risk assessment for its entire district of origin. This risk assessment will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it is accurate and revised as required based on changing fibre suppliers or new information.
FSC Controlled Wood Chain of Custody certified companies must demonstrate that wood has been controlled to avoid sources from the following five categories:
- Illegally harvested wood;
- Wood harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights;
- Wood harvested from forests in which high conservation values are threatened by management activities;
- Wood harvested from areas being converted from forests and other wooded ecosystems to plantations and non-forest uses; and
- Wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
- KPMG Chain of Custody Certificate (PDF)
- Controlled Wood Risk Assessment (PDF)
- Fibre Procurement Policy CPP (PDF)
- CPP Controlled Wood Product Schedule (PDF)